Is there a way to log out ghosted players after UT 3 crash ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is there a way to log out ghosted players after UT 3 crash ?

Post  Lirezh on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:07 pm

This happened right now to me on sniper, but happens all the time since the latest UT3 patch.
UT crashes from time to time (usually on map switch) and then I can not connect for full 20 minutes because my old player shows logged in the server.

Is there a way to log out ghosted players, or can you make it the server kicks dead connections after a minute or so ? 60 seconds lag is more than is good anyway Wink

Lirezh
Killing Spree!
Killing Spree!

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a way to log out ghosted players after UT 3 crash ?

Post  [CBS]Mickey on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:53 pm

Lirezh wrote:This happened right now to me on sniper, but happens all the time since the latest UT3 patch.
The latest UT3 patch (2.1) was released on 5th May 2009. That means, that you are fighting with this problem since more than 2 years now? Something must be wrong with your PC from software (driver?) point of view.

Lirezh wrote:UT crashes from time to time (usually on map switch) and then I can not connect for full 20 minutes because my old player shows logged in the server.
I'm surprised. I have never heard about this problem. When my UT3 crashes I restart it and everything is fine. What could happen is a disconnect due to "duplicate login". This will take a while before you can reconnect. But that's another story, look here

Lirezh wrote:Is there a way to log out ghosted players
Of course there is a way. But this requires a [CBS]-member to get informed about this problem. Then you will be kicked from the game and immediate reconnect is possible.

Lirezh wrote:or can you make it the server kicks dead connections after a minute or so ? 60 seconds lag is more than is good anyway Wink
This questions points to the admin. I don't know if this can be done automatically.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Greetings,

[CBS]Mickey
Godlike!
Godlike!

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2010-02-26

View user profile http://cbs-training.hightoxic.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  [CBS]KillYa! on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:50 am

Hey guys,

I think Mike is right with his advice to check for driver issues first. I have heard about lots of guys that experience those ut3.exe crashes. On my old Notebook, I got this too from time to time. The new one does not make that kind of trouble..

There is, as far as I know, no way to detect a crashed client from server. We have the "kick idlers" option active, that will kick players after a match, in case they did not play active. This option removes crashed accounts the same way - unfortunately only at next map load. I don't know how this could be timed - I found nothing in the server options for this.

If members are connected to the forum, write in shoutbox or send a pm in case you stuck again. Should be no problem if one of us is online.
Don't forget to send a notification at the same way to the member, if you could connect again without a kick from the server - if not, you may wonder why you have been removed from a winning game Twisted Evil

If you have installed UT3 on a windows Vista / 7 system under Program Files, you should consider moving the game to another partition and give full control to the game folder for all users. This could help you out of windows security based trouble.

Good luck Smile

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Cheers!

I use

[CBS]KillYa!
Head Hunter
Head Hunter

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2007-09-21

View user profile http://cbs-team.net

Back to top Go down

Post  [CBS]Alligators427 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi friends,

my crashes seem to be the same (duplicate login are not very often at my home) and then i can't reconnect but i'm not still logged on server so no need to kick me cause i'm not logged in. now you say, Killya, i did not move my game from Program Files, i will do it but sure not before meeting ^^
cheers

[CBS]Alligators427
Godlike!
Godlike!

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-01-09

View user profile http://www.bras-sur-meuse.fr/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:28 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top