New graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1GB

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1GB

Post  [CBS]Mickey on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi Mates,

I replaced my GTS 250 by a GTX 460 a few days ago and I'm really happy since this card is about 70% to 100% faster. It's overclocked a little bit only by Gigabyte (715 MHz instead of 675 MHz), but it has a lot of OC potential, at least in the net you'll find people who claim that their card is running with with 800+ MHz and thus reaching the niveau of a GTX 470. However, I'm not going to stress my card by overclocking, 'cause if I would need more frames, I would have bought another card. By the way, I combine this card with a AMD x4 640 (3 GHz) and my feeling is to have a harmonical duo.

One striking point is the fact that my Gigabyte card has a very low noise level, that it's temperature is about 25°C to 30°C in 2d desktop mode and that it hardly reaches 60°C during gaming. I appreciate this very much from "lifetime point of view"! I'm interested in the experience other people made with a GTX 460, so feel free to add some information. I'm sure this would be also helpful for those people who are currently considering to buy a GTX 460.

Cheers, Michael

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Greetings,

[CBS]Mickey
Godlike!
Godlike!

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2010-02-26

View user profile http://cbs-training.hightoxic.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: New graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1GB

Post  [CBS]KillYa! on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:25 am

Not bad :-)

OC makes not so much difference if it is just about a 50 MHz step - I agree completely to you, that a longer life of the hardware and a quiet perfoming
equipment are more worth than 2 fps more in UT3 ;-)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Cheers!

I use

[CBS]KillYa!
Head Hunter
Head Hunter

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2007-09-21

View user profile http://cbs-team.net

Back to top Go down

Post  KingRichet on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 am

[CBS]mike-da-sniper wrote:Hi Mates,

I replaced my GTS 250 by a GTX 460 a few days ago and I'm really happy since this card is about 70% to 100% faster. It's overclocked a little bit only by Gigabyte (715 MHz instead of 675 MHz), but it has a lot of OC potential, at least in the net you'll find people who claim that their card is running with with 800+ MHz and thus reaching the niveau of a GTX 470. However, I'm not going to stress my card by overclocking, 'cause if I would need more frames, I would have bought another card. By the way, I combine this card with a AMD x4 640 (3 GHz) and my feeling is to have a harmonical duo.

One striking point is the fact that my Gigabyte card has a very low noise level, that it's temperature is about 25°C to 30°C in 2d desktop mode and that it hardly reaches 60°C during gaming. I appreciate this very much from "lifetime point of view"! I'm interested in the experience other people made with a GTX 460, so feel free to add some information. I'm sure this would be also helpful for those people who are currently considering to buy a GTX 460.

Cheers, Michael

I also replaced my gts250 with an oc gtc460 and Im very satisfied since the gts felt like riding an old broken bike... it works but you dont want to do it any longer than 10 minutes ;]

and if you compare the 460 against the 470 you will notice that the 470 has a much more worse cost-benefit ratio

With hundreds of players constantly competing online, you’d think that the competition would be more even & scores would be tighter. Unfortunately, that’s rarely the case as a majority of the players are still relatively newbies.
It’s far more likely that you’ll find one or two players dominating a game with constant control of the most critical power-ups, or the most amazing agility and deadly-accurate aim.

KingRichet
Unstoppable!
Unstoppable!

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-11-14

View user profile http://www.fragunit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top