Learning to admin a UT3 server

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Learning to admin a UT3 server

Post  Harrzack on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:54 pm

After getting my head handed back to me on the [CBS] servers, I'd like to set up my private MultiPlay UT3 server so my buds and I can practice a bit. It looks like everything is done via the .ini files.

First question: I see on my local machine (and on server) a bunch of .ini files that live in the Config directory. Are ALL of these read by UT3 on startup? Maybe in the order in which they sit in the directory? If so - could I just add a custom .ini file at the end of the list?

Also - any links to UT3 admin'ing info would be of great help. I've been scouring the web and have found little.

TIA!

=Alan R. cyclops

Harrzack

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Learning to admin a UT3 server

Post  [CBS]KillYa! on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:05 pm

hey man,

I can advise you the following ressource:

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=343

All ini files you place in the config dir are read at server startup. All add on files just have to be placed in the proper directory.
What the right one is, should be written in the documentation of the mod you downloaded ^^

Lot of work you have, if you don't want to have something off the shelf..

Good luck!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Cheers!

I use

[CBS]KillYa!
Head Hunter
Head Hunter

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2007-09-21

View user profile http://cbs-team.net

Back to top Go down

Lotsa work for sure!

Post  Harrzack on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks for the link. I'm becoming very much aware of all the WORK to setup and run a server... WAAY more than I really want to get into.

I got the DFB mutator package you pointed me to a few days ago, and I think when I get that installed (MP admin's have to add it), I should be good. I've put it on my local server and it covers everything - weap replacement, transloc and sniper plus respawn protect.

It is amazing how complex all admin details are, and how little documentation there is. Plenty of info on creating new maps and mods, but nothing of any real value on admin'ing and mananging the .ini files. My hat is off to you - you have a big job (and great server - players are just WAAAY beyond me at this point).

=Alan R.

Harrzack

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  [CBS]KillYa! on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Thank you mate :-)

I hope you will enjoy it a lot, if you finished practice on your own ^^

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Cheers!

I use

[CBS]KillYa!
Head Hunter
Head Hunter

Number of posts : 1312
Registration date : 2007-09-21

View user profile http://cbs-team.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:15 pm

Sponsored content