how to Cook a map ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

how to Cook a map ?

Post  [CBS]Alligators427 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:24 am

Hi all,

we did talk about cooking a map with ogami itto i think it can help me and someone else lol
administrator executable mode for the link made help me: the cooking go more far but i can't finish it because windows bugs and display an error message and stop the software.

P L E A S E H E L P M E ! ! ! ! !
I want to finish my map

See you soon for an answer lol thanks !

[CBS]Alligators427
Godlike!
Godlike!

Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2010-01-09

View user profile http://www.bras-sur-meuse.fr/

Back to top Go down

Re: how to Cook a map ?

Post  Ogami Itto on Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:31 pm

The editor like to crash for nothing...
At which line of the cooking process it crash?

Some thought,
- to be cooked your map must be into Documents/MyGames/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Unpublished/CookedPC/CustomMaps
- what's the name of your map? for a deathmatch map it must begin with DM- , also the editor don't like some special character like "% # "
- you could try to erase some files which will be recreate when lauching the editor, look for all "LocalShaderCache" files in the Published and Unpublished also you could try removing all config files in the Config directory, UT3 will recreate them, just make some copy before erasing.

Last edited by [CBS]Ogami Itto on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ogami Itto
Godlike!
Godlike!

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Be careful with cooking map

Post  [CBS]Alligators427 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi all , be careful with handling unreal editor cause i removed all my custom maps, my custommaps folder is empty and i don't know why
if you are a begginner as i am and you want to discover unreal editor and you want to cook a map don't hesitate to copy your published/cooked pc/customs folder.

bye

[CBS]Alligators427
Godlike!
Godlike!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ogami Itto on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:19 pm

Ouch... I guess you've try UnrealFrontend tool, it need to be carefully use. I don't think it's possible to erase all the Custom Map folder just with the editor.
I hope you didn't lost your map you were trying to cook. And yes, always make backup.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ogami Itto
Godlike!
Godlike!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

oups

Post  [CBS]Alligators427 on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:24 pm

that's right sure not with the editor but with unrealFrontend thank you i know i won't use anymore

[CBS]Alligators427
Godlike!
Godlike!

Back to top Go down

cooking map successfull passed

Post  [CBS]Alligators427 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Thanks to Ogami itto for helped me with cooking my map in the folder where was package of customed pictures i created I had a second package with pictures i included in my map so i couldn't cook it

I delete this second package to have only one (my custom) and then i can cook my map but I lost pictures from the deleted package

Just one Problem remains i must download all the map i play on cbs network, i don't know if it's due to but the solution is to erase the file named "UTMapLists.ini" in the config folder in the path "C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config"

You restart and no more problem and no need to download again.

I hope it could help somebody else
Bye

[CBS]Alligators427
Godlike!
Godlike!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ogami Itto on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:26 pm

Glad i could help, it's always better to have all custom stuff directly into the map package.

I delete this second package to have only one (my custom) and then i can cook my map but I lost pictures from the deleted package
Solution would have been to duplicate your textures/materials from the package you want to delete into the package of the map and then re-assign the duplicated materials into your map.

Ogami Itto
Godlike!
Godlike!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:44 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top